- H.R. 4278, cosponsored by Reps. Robert Hurt (R-VA) and Jason Altmire (D-PA), which would eliminate limits on the regulatory exemptions provided in the Clean Water Act for agricultural activities.
- H.R. 5961, sponsored by Rep. Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV), which would amend the Clean Water Act to prohibit U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) from conducting aerial surveillance of farmland without voluntary written consent, public notice and a certification of reasonable suspicion that a violation has occurred.
- H.R. 2541, sponsored by Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler (R-WA), which would prohibit the EPA from requiring a water pollution permit for silviculture.
- H.R. 3158, sponsored by Rep. Rick Crawford (R-AR), which would specify how EPA should enforce spill-prevention rules for large containers on farms.
- H.R. 5797, sponsored by Rep. Chip Cravaack (R-MN), which would exempt Mille Lacs Lake, Minnesota, from federal jurisdiction, in order to stop the U.S. Coast Guard from requiring fishing guides there from being forced to pay approximately $2,000 for boating licenses.
Thursday, July 26, 2012
House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee to Consider Five Water Resource Related Bills Today
The House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee will hold a business meeting today at 10 AM (EDT) to consider and mark up five water resource related bills. The five bills scheduled for markup today are: