In addition to the Committee activity listed below, House-Senate Conference Committee members are hurrying to resolve differences between competing fiscal year 2016 budget resolutions, and forge a consensus budget plan that can pass both chambers. As noted in this space previously, under Congressional rules, the final budget resolution provides top-line funding limits within which House and Senate appropriators draft their 2016 spending bills.
All times below are Eastern. This page will be updated as warranted.
- Senate Agriculture Committee hearing on the "Opportunities and Challenges for Agriculture Trade with Cuba;" 10:00 AM, room 328A Russell Senate Office Building.
- Senate Environment and Public Works Committee hearing to examine the nomination of Vanessa Lorraine Allen Sutherland, of Virginia, to be a Member and Chairperson of the Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board; 9:30 AM, room SD-406 Dirksen Senate Office Building.
- House Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment will hold a hearing to "Review of the President’s Fiscal Year 2016 Budget Request for the United States Army Corps of Engineers and Tennessee Valley Authority;" 10:00 AM, room 2167 Rayburn House Office Building.
- Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee will hearing on the reauthorization of and potential reforms to the Land and Water Conservation Fund; 10:00 AM, room SD-366 Dirksen Senate Office Building.
- House Science, Space and Technology Committee markup of H.R.1806 - "To provide for technological innovation through the prioritization of Federal investment in basic research, fundamental scientific discovery, and development to improve the competitiveness of the United States;" 10:15 AM, room 2318 Rayburn House Office Building (among other things, the bill would reauthorize the National Science Foundation, increasing NSF funding by more than 4 percent).
- House Appropriations Committee markup of and vote on Energy and Water Appropriations bill, FY 2016; 10:45 AM, room 2359 Rayburn House Office Building.
- Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Department of Homeland Security hearing to examine proposed budget estimates and justification for fiscal year 2016 for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA); 2:00 PM, room SD-138 Dirksen Senate Office Building.
- House Science, Space, and Technology Committee hearing on "Hydraulic Fracturing: Banning Proven Technologies on Possibilities Instead of Probabilities;" 9:00 AM, room 2318 Rayburn House Office Building.
- House Appropriations Subcommittee on Homeland Security budget hearing - Federal Emergency Management Agency;10:00 AM, room B-308 Rayburn House Office Building.