Below are the U.S. House and Senate activities currently scheduled for the week that relate to Mississippi River Basin water resources. Links are provided to the relevant committee web pages, and, where appropriate, to pieces of legislation.
The House Rules Committee is set to meet on Tuesday to determine the amendment process for floor consideration of H.R. 1030, the Secret Science Reform Act. and H.R. 1029, the EPA Science Advisory Board Reform Act, both of which aim to change the role science plays in EPA rule-making. The Rule Committee meeting would pave the way for subsequent consideration of the bills by the full House as early as Wednesday. The House passed similar bills in 2014, but not the Senate.
Many Congressional proceedings are webcast live, and these should be, as well (follow the appropriate link). All times are Eastern. This page will be updated as warranted.
- House Appropriations Subcommittee on Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies budget hearing - United States Forest Service; 1:00 PM, room B-308 Rayburn House Office Building.
- House Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies budget hearing - Department of Agriculture Marketing and Regulatory Programs; 2:00 PM, room 2362-A Rayburn House Office Building.
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform hearing, "Rebuilding the Chemical Safety Board: Finding a Solution to the CSB's Governance and Management Challenges;" 9:00 AM, room 2154 Rayburn House Office Building (the U.S. Chemical Safety Board (CSB) is an independent federal agency charged with investigating industrial chemical accidents, including those that impact waterways).
- Senate Environment and Public Works Committee hearing "examining the President’s budget request for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency;" 9:30 AM, room 406 Dirksen Senate Office Building.
- Senate Appropriations Interior Subcommittee hearing to review the Fiscal Year 2016 funding request and budget justification for the U.S. Department of the Interior; 10:00 AM, Room 124 Dirksen Senate Office Building.
- House Natural Resources Committee oversight hearing on "Examining the Department of the Interior's Spending Priorities and the President's Fiscal Year 2016 Budget Proposal;" 9:00 AM, room 1324 Longworth House Office Building.
House Appropriations Subcommittee on Interior, Environment, and Related Agenciesbudget hearing - National Park Service; 9:00 AM, room B-308 Rayburn House Office Building.
House Agriculture Subcommittee on Conservation and Forestry hearing "to
House Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agenciesbudget hearing - Department of Agriculture Research Agencies; 10:00 AM, room 2362-A Rayburn House Office Building.