The President is set to release an overview of the Administration's Fiscal Year 2015 budget proposal to Congress on Tuesday, March 4 (you will be able to view that at this Office of Management and Budget web site). Release of the President's proposal will kick off a series of budget hearings on Capitol Hill during the subsequent weeks Some of those have already been scheduled for this week, beginning on Wednesday morning, and the water resource related budget hearings are listed below (budget details will be released by the White House during next week).
In addition to the committee activities, below, the full House is currently scheduled to consider H.R. 3370 - the Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act - on Wednesday. Last week's scheduled vote on the bill was postponed when it became apparent that the measure would not pass. Since the postponement, the bill's supporters have tried to line up additional votes in favor of passage (and may possibly amend the bill in the process of attracting additional support). Among other things, the bill would prohibit the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) from increasing flood insurance risk premium rates to reflect the current risk of flood for certain properties.
Links are provided to the relevant Committee pages on the Internet. Many Congressional proceedings are webcast live, and these should be, as well (follow the appropriate link). All times are Eastern.
- House Natural Resources Subcommittee on Public Lands and Environmental Regulations hearing on legislation regarding national parks and recreation fees; room 1324 Longworth House Office Building; 10:00 AM.
- House Natural Resources Subcommittee on Fisheries, Wildlife, Oceans and Insular Affairs hearing on the National Fish Hatchery System; room 1324 Longworth House Office Building; 2:00 PM.
- House Agriculture Subcommittee on Horticulture, Research, Biotechnology and Foreign Agriculture hearing on the 100th anniversary of the Smith-Lever Act, which established a system of cooperative extension services, connected to the land-grant universities, in order to inform people of developments in agriculture, and related matters; room 1300 Longworth House Office Building; 2:00 PM.
- House Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies budget hearing - Department of Agriculture; room 2362-A Rayburn House Office Building; 10:00 AM.
- Senate Budget Committee hearing on the President’s Fiscal Year 2015 Budget Proposal; room SD-608 Dirksen Senate Office Building; 10:30 AM.
- House Budget Committee hearing on the President’s Fiscal Year 2015 Budget; room 210 Cannon House Office Building; 2:00 PM.
- Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee meeting to consider legislation, including S. 2028, the Sport Fish Restoration and Recreational Boating Safety Act of 2014; room 253 Russell Senate Office Building; 2:30 PM.