Below are the other House and Senate activities currently scheduled for this week's four legislative days that relate to Mississippi River Basin water resources. Links are provided to the relevant committee web pages, and, where appropriate, to pieces of legislation. Many Congressional proceedings are webcast live, and these should be, as well (follow the appropriate link). All times are Eastern. This page will be updated as warranted.
- House Rules Committee meeting to discuss the rules for full House consideration of H.R. 4315, the "21st Century Endangered Species Transparency Act," 5:00 PM, room H-313 The Capitol.
- House Natural Resources Subcommittee on Public Lands and Environmental Regulation legislative hearing on several bills, including: S. 311, the “Lower Mississippi River Area Study Act,” to study the suitability and feasibility of designating sites in the Lower Mississippi River Area in Louisiana as a unit of the National Park System; H.R. 4901, the “Advancing Conservation and Education Act of 2014,” to maximize land management efficiencies, promote land conservation, and generate education funding; H.R. 4979, the “Red River Private Property Protection Act,” to provide legal certainty to property owners along the Red River in Texas; and H.R. 5086, to study the feasibility of designating the Chief Standing Bear National Historic Trail; 10:00 AM, room 1324 Longworth House Office Building.
- Senate Budget Committee hearing on "The Costs of Inaction: The Economic and Budgetary Consequences of Climate Change;" 10:00 AM, room 608 Dirksen Senate Office Building.
- Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation’s Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries and Coast Guard hearing on “Revisiting the RESTORE Act: Progress and Challenges in Gulf Restoration Post-Deepwater Horizon.” 10:30 AM, room 253 Russell Senate Office Building.
- House Small Business Committee hearing on "Regulatory Overreach: Is EPA Meeting Its Small Business Obligations?" - to examine the EPA's compliance with the Regulatory Flexibility Act in relation to the agency's recent rule makings; 10:00 AM, room 2360 Rayburn House Office Building.
- House Natural Resources Full Committee hearing on several bills, including: S. 311, the “Lower Mississippi River Area Study Act,” to study the suitability and feasibility of designating sites in the Lower Mississippi River Area in Louisiana as a unit of the National Park System; H.R. 5026, To prohibit closing or repurposing any propagation fish hatchery or aquatic species propagation program of the Department of the Interior unless such action is expressly authorized by an Act of Congress, and for other purposes. “the Fish Hatchery Protection Act;” and H.R. 5069, To amend the Migratory Bird Hunting and Conservation Stamp Act to increase in the price of Migratory Bird Hunting and Conservation Stamps to fund the acquisition of conservation easements for migratory birds, and for other purposes. “the Federal Duck Stamp Act;” 10:00 AM, room 1334 Longworth House Office Building.