Below are the House and Senate activities currently scheduled for the remainder of this week that relate to Mississippi River Basin water resources. Many committees are still in the process of organizing, which involves formalizing membership, appointing subcommittee members, chairs and ranking members, and outlining committee oversight activities for the session. Some of the business and organizing meetings listed below are of that nature. Links are provided to the relevant committee web pages, and, where appropriate, to pieces of legislation. Many Congressional proceedings are webcast live, and these should be, as well (follow the appropriate link). All times are Eastern. This page will be updated as warranted.
- House Rules Committee will meet to set the rules for subsequent House debate on H.R. 161, the Natural Gas Pipeline Permitting Reform Act; 2:00 PM, room H-313, The Capitol.
- Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee organizational meeting; 2:30 PM, room 253 Russell Senate Office Building.
House Science, Space and Technology committee organizational meeting; 11:00 AM, room 2318 Rayburn House Office Building. POSTPONED
- Senate Environment and Public Works Committee organizational meeting; 10:30 AM, room 406 Dirksen Senate Office Building.
- House Budget Committee organizational meeting; 9:00 AM, room 210 Cannon House Office Building.
- House Agriculture Committee organizational meeting for the 114th Congress; 10:00 AM, room 1300 Longworth House Office Building.
- House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Environment and the Economy hearing on EPA’s 2014 Final Rule: Disposal of Coal Combustion Residuals from Electric Utilities; 10:00 AM, room 2123 Rayburn House Office Building.
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs business meeting; 10:00 AM, room SD-342, Dirksen Senate Office Building.